Friday, August 29, 2014

Mid-Service Mark

1 year of service done, 1 more year to go!! This past year has gone by fast! I just finished my mid service conference and I'm heading back to the states tomorrow to visit!!! I'm excited to see friends and family and to EAT EVERYTHING before heading back to Moz for another year. This past year, I definitely received (experience, personal growth, knowledge, list goes on) way more from my community than I've given. I'm looking forward to making year 2 count and finishing service strong! :)

This past month has a lot of ups and downs (see previous 2 posts from this month), here is a quick update of the rest of August:

Cabo Cookoff
8/9/14 I went to Montepuez for the day for the Annual Cabo Cookoff and got 2nd place for my sluttier slutty brownie (layers of brownie, peanut butter, oreo cookies, and cookie dough) =D It was really fun! We spent all morning cooking and preparing our dish and then vote and eat in the afternoon.


Mid-Service Conference 
8/25/14 - 8/29/14 I was reunited with the whole Moz 20 group! It was good to see everyone, specially those from the South, together again. We had sessions all morning from Monday to Friday and afternoon were for medical check ups. I had my dental appointment on Monday (no cavities, yay!) and medical appointment on Tuesday so the rest of the week was free time for me.

REDES
8/6/14 The girls sew a bunch of capulana flowers so I can bring it back to the states to sell to help raise quick money for our trip to the city. We're planning to make and sell peanut butter (a more sustainable project) in the community next.


8/22/14 I wanted to do something fun before I leave site for a month so we had a dancing day! We followed along with youtube tutorial video and danced to Shakira- Waka Waka! The girls told me they want to practice the dance more when I come back and then perform it for the community at the next holiday celebration! They want to practice 3 times a week when I get back on Sept 22 to get ready for either Oct 4th or Oct 12th holiday. I'm really excited to make this dance performance happen!! :)

Hora das Criancas
8/1/14 Bean bags toss game- Hit the mosquitoes!
8/7/14 Practice writing letter I and colored Batman
Vovinam
My class is growing! The girls told their friends so I had 9 students this session including 2 boys! We're still working on the basic stuff- punches, kicks, blocks, and chops. They're learning how to roll and I also taught them attack forms #1-3.

English
I only did 5 sessions of English class this month since I was away from site for half of the month. It's been going really well! They come with questions or topic that they want to learn so we didn't waste any time at all. Two of my coworkers are improving a lot so I'll probably group them together next time.

Zambie
She finally gave births on August 4th! I guessed 4-5 kittens and I was right! I came home from work to find one side of my mosquito net down because Zambie tried to get onto my bed. She kept trying to get back onto my bed after I carried her outside to the living room multiple times. Finally she [unhappily] gave up and had the babies on the table. Saved my bed this time! :) The babies are so cute! All different color- white with black spots, black, calico, black with white underneath, and grey.


I miss them already! 1 week down, 3 more weeks til I get to see them again


No comments:

Post a Comment