Thursday, April 9, 2015

Donation for the Children

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! for all of the donation! These 2 boxes full of stuff for the children made it to Mozambique in perfect condition (thank you Bryan!).


I was beyond excited to receive all of these! I've already started using some of these materials and I can't wait to do more activities with the kids and my girls group.



Chu Tan- thank you for the toothbrushes!! I will do a health talk on dental hygiene and give them out to the girls at my REDES meeting!

Emily & Kimly- thank you for the crayons!! My crayons slowly disappear (either stolen or broken or lost) each time so now I have plenty for the kids and they won't have to wait for a crayon or to share. I have way more than enough thanks to you guys so I gave some boxes of crayons to other Peace Corps Volunteers here so they can do coloring at their site as well. 

John- thank you for all the games and activities!! I am SO excited to play them with my REDES girls and the children! Especially twister! It was one of my favorite game!

Katherine- thank you for the math book!! I'm excited to teach it to my REDES girls! and doing it myself too.. haha 

Katie- thank you for collecting everything, going shopping and for the candies!! I've been using them as prizes to give out during my health talks and games at my REDES meeting to get them more engaged and motivated to win hahah 


Lena- thank you for the coloring books!! I especially love the ones with the stickers hahah I am so excited to start giving out stickers once they're done coloring. They're going to love it!! I'm also giving out a coloring book to other volunteers in my province so they can color with the children at their site too.

Michael- thank you for the thousands of coloring pages!!! Hahaha Since I have so much I can do coloring with the kids more often than just once a week. This is wayy more than enough though so I am giving out stacks of coloring pages to other volunteers here too :)

Snow White- thank you for the children multivitamin gummies!! I'm giving the gummies out to the children during my Hora das Crianças until I'm out of gummies. I mark their hand and give them 2 gummies each only.. But it's so yummy that they try to rub off the X on their hand and ask for more! Hahahah smart kids.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment