Saturday, July 20, 2013

PST Week 7: Ramadan dinner, Site announcement, and 2nd Orphanage visit




Ramadan Dinner 7/14:
Rami (fellow trainee) put on a Ramadan feast for us and it was delicious!! My first time celebrating Ramadan also!



Site announcement 7/18:
(see previous post for my site placement) When we arrived at the hub, the staff was already drawing out the map of Mozambique with the sites that we're going to be placed at. After much anticipation, we finally know where we're going and who we're going to work for in the next 2 years! It was followed by delicious food and cake, yum!

Moz 20!

anxiously waiting

Last to finally get my package

Standing on our site on the map

2nd Orphanage visit 7/19:
We went to Irmãs Franciscana again to play with the kids and then we hung out and talked with the teenage girls in the boarding school. They're on break from school for the next 2 weeks so this is our last time with them :( The teenage girls invited us to come have lunch with them before we leave training so hopefully we can make that happen. They are so sweet and nice!

Singing, dancing, and playing games

Other highlights/things I've learned:
-IPhone battery can explode.. I left it in my trunk and found it like this when I took it out. I'm out of phones if I lose my iPhone 4 now :( 
-We went to the tailor this week to get our matching capulana made to wear for swearing in ceremony. I'm getting mine made into a simple dress since I'm not artistic enough to draw a pretty design for the tailor hahah
- Did another palestra (small lecture) on TB
-We had our 2nd language written test this week. It wasn't too bad.
-I went with Julia (fellow trainee) to a Movitel store and the guy working there was Vietnamese! First Vietnamese I've met here haha. He asked for my number and told me that he'll call me to come back on Monday so he can give us both a free 1gb of internet!! Yay! I hope he'll call haha
-I did English lessons with my sister a lot this week and it's been a really good practice for me to learn Portuguese. After teaching her the English words, I tested her memory by saying it in Portuguese and she has to translate it to English. We had a lot of funny moments with our pronunications. 
-I can hold conversation with my family now! It feels great being able to communicate with them well compared to when I first got here.



No comments:

Post a Comment