Saturday, July 27, 2013

PST Week 8: 3rd Practicum visit and Maputo trip




3rd Practicum visit 7/26:
We accompanied an activist with 3 home visits to people living with HIV/AIDS, leprosy, and tuberculosis. It was a really good learning experience to see and meet the patients in the community and learn about their stories and treatment. 

Maputo trip 7/27: 
We finally had a Saturday off from training so we went to Maputo to buy things. We're doing Secret Santa in our Moz 20 group so I finished my gift today. The hightlight of my day was Cadbury chocolates on sale!! haha It's 75MT in Namaacha and 53MT in Maputo last time I saw it.. it was on sale for 37MT! So i bought 4 bars (3 for myself to stock up, 1 for my little niece).. by the time I got home, it all melted :( but its still good! just not as pretty. I also got to eat thai food! My favorite! :) 


Other highlights/things I've learned:
-Movitel came from Vietnam! How cool! It's hard to use iPhone in public so I decided to buy a 'dummy' phone so I can use it as my main phone and reduce the chances of getting my iphone stolen by using it only for Internet purposes. I got huge discount on it too yay! :)

-I played a lot of games this week with my family. It's really fun and great bonding time too. They taught me how to play Police & Thief and Jogo Burro. I taught them slapjack and a simple magic card trick. During one of our slapjack game, my sister accidentally slapped on the wrong card so she was like 'mosquito!!' hahah
Playing Slapjack
-We learned how to make peanut butter from scratch and headbands/flower clip out of capulana.
making peanut butter takes a lot of energy!
First headband I made! I made a matching one for my host sister too :)
-My sister saw me walking home from training so she hide and then popped out and screamed boo! to scare me.. it worked :( She got me back for scaring her from behind the day before haha
-One of the visiting volunteer made all of us matching bracelets! 
US and Moz flag colors together

No comments:

Post a Comment