Sunday, June 9, 2013

Church


This morning I walked  to church with my mãe and pai. I normally don't go to church but my mãe asked me to come with her earlier this week and I thought it would be nice to see what church service is like in Mozambique.

Church was at 8am and ran a little over 2 hours but it was enjoyable. There was a lot of singing in the local language and the whole service was either in portuguese or the local language.. I couldn't tell (that's how bad my portuguese is going :( haha) Toward the end caught me by surprised.. my mãe told me to go up to the front but then I saw other volunteers going up too. I didn't know that they were planning to present us to the community. There were 9 of us at church this morning and we all had to go up to the front to introduce ourselves in portuguese in front of everyone.

This is me with my mãe and imrã after church:

No comments:

Post a Comment